Stord Culture House was built in 1977 and officially opened in 1978. The activity level is steadily growing and reaches a wide user group. Our aim is to be an inclusive and lively house for people of all ages. The house is owned and run by the Municipality of Stord.
Follow Stord Culture House at Facebook.
These municipal services are located in the culture house:
Opening hours at Stord Culture House are:
|Monday – Thursday
||: 08.00 – 22.00
||: 08.00 – 22.30
||: 09.30 – 22.00
||: 15.30 – 23.00
Opening hours may change during summer and holidays.
Office hours of the Municipal Culture Services are:
Monday – Friday: 08.00 – 15.00
NB: These are the normal opening hours. There can be changes during Christmas, Easter and other holidays.
The administration can be contacted by phone Monday to Friday from 09.00 - 15.00.
Our telephone number is 53 49 69 50 (offices switchboard).
If you need to get in contact with any of us before 09.00 or after 15.00 you need to use a direct number. You may look this up in our directory of employees.
The house is frequently used both by local and external users. Here is a summary of the different premises located in the house:
- The art hall. Exhibition room that also can be used for concerts, meetings, gatherings and more. Capacity: approx. 150 persons.
- The culture centre. Meeting/gathering room with adjacent kitchen and dance studio. Capacity: 35-40 persons.
- The grand theatre. Theatre-, concert- and movie theatre. Guest house for Riksteatret. Capacity: 408 seats. Adjacent wardrobe facilities including 3 makeup rooms.
- The small theatre. Movie- and Conference Theatre. Can also be used for smaller concerts and conferences. Capacity: 136 seats.
- Swimming pool. Public swimming pool and training facilities for organised swimming training.
- Teaching premises of the Stord Culture School.
- Meeting room 1: Meeting room with whiteboard and projector. Capacity: 25 persons
- Meeting room 3: Capacity: 14 persons
- Meeting room 5: Capacity: 20 persons
- Stord Public Library
- Administration of the Municipal Culture Services
- Administration and teaching premises of the Stord Culture School
SUPPORT CONTACTS IN STORD (TILRETTELAGT FRITID)
The support service in Stord is part of the municipal cultural services. Their offices are located on the second floor of Stord Culture House.
The offer of personal support will be provided in the form of individual support/leisure contact, participation in activity groups and/or individual offers in cooperation with a voluntary organization. Personal support (støttekontakt) is for individuals and families who need personal support because of disability, age or social problems.
Applications must be sent to Kundetorget, where the need will be assessed and decisions wil be made.
The support service will then, in cooperation with applicant/family, work out which organizing that would be most suitable for each individual.
The support service will also be responsible for the supervising and monitoring of support contacts. This can be in the form of individual counseling, training and cooperation with other services that are in daily contact with users.
Persons who need accompaniment in connection with leisure activities can apply for accompanying person.
Click here to find more information and an application form for this (in Norwegian).
Click here to find TILRETTELAGT FRITIDs website in Norwegian.